How to connect online services to your GroupCamp account
This FAQ explains how you can connect integrated third-party online services with your GroupCamp account. Available integrations are: Google Drive, Calendar and Contacts, Microsoft Outlook Calendars and OneDrive, Box and Dropbox apps.
Note: Administrators can disable integrations from your GroupCamp account. If you are a Google G Suite user, Google Apps services are already connected to your account. See: G Suite user.
To manage your online services, click on the Home menu, then click on Integrations menu in your Preferences App.
Find out more about using these services:
- Project Management with Google Drive.
- Project Management with Microsoft OneDrive.
- Project Management with Box.
- Project Management with Dropbox.
- How to sync tasks, jobs and milestones to Google Calendar.
- How to sync your tasks and jobs with a Microsoft Calendar: Outlook.com, hotmail, etc.
- Adding a Google Contact as a Colleague or Guest .
- How can I use my Gmail ID or my Google G Suite ID for Single-Sign-On (SSO).
- GroupCamp for Gmail add-on turns emails into tasks.
Google Drive & Contacts, Microsoft OneDrive, Box and Dropbox. Any access to these services can only be triggered by you (when you are connected into your GroupCamp account). GroupCamp will never access to these data.
Google Calendar & Microsoft Outlook Calendar. GroupCamp will access your data only for Calendar sync purposes when a new event needs to be added or removed.
If you are a Google G Suite user (Your GroupCamp enterprise account is associated with your G Suite domain). Google Apps services are already connected to your personal account and managed by your G Suite administrator.
You can access your Google Drive files directly from your GroupCamp account, and synchronize, jobs, tasks and milestones with Google Calendar. You can also browse your Google Contacts when you are connected to GroupCamp.
Please make sure you read the following articles related to Google: