How to subscribe and pay for your GroupCamp account
This article explains how you can subscribe to a GroupCamp plan and pay your subscription online in your account.
The GroupCamp subscriptions are renewed on a monthly basis. They are payable in advance at each anniversary date of your account. To learn more please read the GroupCamp Terms of Service and the GroupCamp Billing and Payment Policy.
Payments for your GroupCamp subscription are done via a Prepaid account to which you can add funds using either a credit card or by wire transfer. For more information on how to pay for your GroupCamp subscription please read this FAQ: How does the GroupCamp Prepaid Account work
On each anniversary date of your GroupCamp account which is the renewal date, GroupCamp will calculate the amount due for your account. The following possible cases can then be encountered:
1. There are sufficient funds on your prepaid account. GroupCamp therefore charges your prepaid account and issues an invoice for the following month.
2. The outstanding balance of your prepaid account is lower than the amount due. GroupCamp cannot issue the invoice and your account is then placed in READ ONLY mode (users cannot update any content in their account).
In that particular case, you need to add additional funds to your prepaid account to renew your subscription. This operation must be carried out within the month that follows the anniversary date. If you no longer wish to use GroupCamp you have one month to retrieve your account information before we permanently close your GroupCamp account.
To subscribe to a GroupCamp plan you need to:
1) Be the owner of the account and be signed into your GroupCamp account.
2) Go in the Admin Panel and click on the Subscription - Payments - Invoices tab.
3) Click on the Subscriptions icon.
Note: If you are not the owner of the account, you will not have the Account menu in your settings section. You will therefore need to contact the owner and forward this article.
The following billing scenarios are described below:
- Preliminiary actions before paying your subscription: subscription, currency selection and billing address information
- Your account is 'Active': You are in trial period or in subscription period and you want to purchase GroupCamp
- Your account is in 'Read-only' mode and you want to pay for your subscription.
Preliminary actions before paying your subscription: subscriptions, currency selection and billing information
In the Manage my account icon:
- Please check that you have subscribed to the right offering in the Your subscription section
- in the Billing information section, enter the correct billing information which will be displayed on your invoices:
1. Select your country of residence which will determine your currency: Euro (Eur) or Dollar US (USD).
If your company is based in the European Union, enter your intra-community VAT number, you will be invoiced without VAT (your payments will automatically be labelled in Euros). If you do not have an intra-community VAT number or if the number you've entered is unknown to the VIES services, the VAT in your country of residence will be applied.
2. Enter your billing information.
Note: If you do not have a credit card or if you do not want to use wire transfer, if you cannot get your expenses reimbursed, please contact the GroupCamp Support team. We will either suggest another payment method or ask one of GroupCamp's partners to contact you so that you may choose the most suitable invoicing process.
Your account is active and you are either in Free trial period or in the middle of a billing cycle, and you wish to pay your subscription.
In the Subscriptions icon, click on the Add funds to my Prepaid account button.
Once you have added funds to your prepaid account, on the next anniversary date, your prepaid account will automatically be charged and your subscription renewed. An invoice will be issued and sent via email.
For more information on prepaid account, please read this FAQ: How does the GroupCamp Prepaid Account work
Note: You can add a credit card to your account which will be automatically charged every month to add funds to your prepaid account. For more information please read this FAQ: How to add a credit card to automatically add funds to the Prepaid Account?
Add funds to your Prepaid Account banner in the top navigation bar
This banner will be displayed in the following cases:
- When the credit card you added cannot be charged (technical issue, insufficient funds, card taken or stolen, etc...)
- 10 days before your subscription's anniversary date, if your Prepaid account does not have sufficent funds to renew the subscription (and if you do not have a registered credit card to automatically add money on your prepaid account).
In the top navigation bar, the banner Your account is in 'read-only mode' will be displayed when:
- Your trial period is over,
- Your prepaid account had insufficient funds and you failed to renew your subscription.
To pay for your subscription, go in the Admin Panel, then click on the Subscriptions or Prepaid account icons.
Your subscription is placed in cancellation period.
Go to the Admin Panel, click on the the Subscriptions icon, or the Prepaid Account icon.
Click on the Pay the amount due link.
You will be required to add funds to your prepaid account. For more information on how to add funds to your prepaid account please read How does GroupCamp Prepaid Account work.
Once funds are added, your subscription will be automatically renewed.