How to set up the privileges of the Reports module. How to manage access to apps from the Reports menu.
This GroupCamp FAQ explains how to set up the privileges of the Reports module. How to manage access to apps from the Reports menu.
In this article:
- Privilege to access the Reports module
- The Privileges of users app
- Projects that a user can list
- Data that a user can see
The Reports module offers several apps that allow you to create custom reports on consolidated data of each project.
- Overview: This app offers graphical reports and data tables. The graphical reports are based on the widgets of the project Overview app.
- Time spent: This app allows you to consult the time spent entered in the projects (tables and exports). App available only when the Timesheet module is enabled.
- Budgets: This app allows you to view project budgets (Work, Cost and Margin). App available only when the Budget module is enabled.
- Cost control: This app allow to control the cost of your projects and compare variances beetween Actual cost from budgets and Cost per role or Cost per user. App available only when the Cost management module is enabled.
The Privileges of users app lets you know which colleagues have access to the Reports module and what they see.
You can export table data into Excel files.
The GroupCamp API allows you to retrieve data from time spent and budgets.
Go to Admin panel > Privileges and use the List of privileges menu. Unfold Modules > Reports.
The Modules > Reports > Access to the module privilege protects access to the Reports menu.
To learn more about privileges, read this FAQ: How to grant privileges. How to use Profiles of privileges.
This app lets you know which colleagues have access to the Reports module and what they see.
Access to this app is protected by the Modules > Reports > View> Privileges of users privilege. See above.
- Colleagues can list the projects of which they are members.
- The Modules > Project > Extended privileges > View> All active projects allows to list all active projects.
Access to the data depends on the privileges of each user.
With the privilege Modules > Budget > View > Planned work
- Users can access the Budgets app and see the Work menu.
With the privilege Modules > Budget > View> Cost & Budget amount
- Users also see the Cost and Margin menus.