Google G Suite users FAQ about GroupCamp for Gmail add-on
This FAQ helps G Suite users to get started with the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on and anwers to questions such as: how to sign into your GroupCamp account? How to remove the add-on?
Find answers to these frequently asked questions:
- What is the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on?
- How to install or get the add-on installed by a G Suite administrator?
- Who has installed this app to my Gmail inbox?
- How to verify if the add-on is installed to my Gmail inbox?
- How to sign in to my GroupCamp account?
- How can I remove the add-on from my Gmail?
GroupCamp for Gmail add-on turns emails into GroupCamp tasks without leaving Gmail.
GroupCamp for Gmail is also available for smartphones within the Gmail app (Only for Android and from the 8.0 version).
To read more about the add-on, please consult this article: GroupCamp for Gmail add-on turns emails into tasks.
As a G Suite user, you can make an individual Install. Please consult this FAQ: How to install the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on.
A G Suite Administrator can also install the add-on for your entire G Suite domain or for some organizational units of your domain.
A G Suite administrator has installed the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on to your Gmail inbox.
Please note that only G Suite administrators can remove the add-on from your Gmail inbox.
With your Gmail inbox: open an existing email and check if you have the GroupCamp icon. Please note that you may wait up to 24 hrs until the GroupCamp icon appears.
Open the add-on by clicking on the GroupCamp icon (See above screenshot).
In the Welcome to GroupCamp for Gmail card, click on SIGN IN.
1. When your email address is known from GroupCamp: the GroupCamp Grant Permission window will pop up with one or several GroupCamp accounts.
Click on Authorize.
In your Gmail, the add-on is now connected to GroupCamp:
- the Select an account card is displayed when you are a user from several GroupCamp accounts.
- the account actions card is displayed when your are a user of only one GroupCamp account.
To learn more, please read this article: GroupCamp for Gmail add-on turns emails into tasks.
2. When your email address is unknown from GroupCamp: the Welcome to GroupCamp window will pop up, then click on Sign in.
Enter your account url, your username and password.
The GroupCamp Grant Permission window will then pop up.
For a G Suite Domain install: you can't remove the add-on. You must contact your G Suite administrator.
For an Individual install, please read this FAQ: How to install the GroupCamp for Gmail add-on.